Hunting season is all year round. Best time is from March to November
South Africa is a country situated on the Southern Tip of the African continent.It shares borders with Namibia and Botswana on the Northeast, and with Zimbabwe and Mozambique on the Northwest. Lesotho and Swaziland are independant states within south African territory. With a area of 1 219 090 Km², it is almost double the size of Texas. With its modern infrastructures throughout the country, South Africa has the strongest economy in Africa. The Soccer World Cup will be hosted in South Africa in 2010!
A land of contrasts
It’s a special place, inviting, magical, where everything is big – immense even.
A world in one country. Contrast is the first word which comes to mind about South Africa, for the rich diversity of its landscape, people and cultures.
Imagine breathtaking canyons, jungles, mystic deserts, metropole, deserted beaches, verdant vineyards, mountains, bush. Nature is alive, beautiful and untouched. The country is subdivided into 9 provinces, each of them with its unique fauna, flora and culture.
“Diversity” is probably the most accurate image one could give to the Eastern Cape region. It is as diverse in flora and fauna as it is in cultural and political history. Nelson Mandela has his home here, and from the coastal cities to the rural inland areas, the Eastern Cape is famous for its natural beauty and friendly people.
As well as enjoying the tranquil and malaria-free game viewing at our lodge, you can explore the golden beaches, magnificent marine life and sub-tropical forests of the Eastern Cape. No vaccination or shots required; consult your physician and www.cdc.gov for recommended shots (such as tetanus and hepatitis).
It is from here your hunting adventure will begin. We have, within very short distances, very diverse habitats that support many species that can be hunted. The terrain ranges from coastal bushveld to mountainous terrain, depending on the species to be hunted.
Grand Safari also offers tourism extensions in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. Program and quote on request.
We hunt on various hunting concessions, from open areas to fenced private game reserves. We have close to 950,000 acres of hunting ground; choice of area is made upon requested species to be hunted. This is a good introduction to hunting African game, under the supervision of very ethical professional hunters. Being a first timer or a well-experienced hunter, South Africa will bring you what you are looking for, a great hunting experience and some trophies not to be found anywhere else in Africa.
MANAGEMENT PACK (female cull only, see fees below)
|6 days/ 7 nights|
|Common Blesbok||Other species and quotas, please consult us|
TROPHY PACK 1
TROPHY PACK 2
TROPHY PACK 3
|6 days / 7 nights|
|KUDU, Cape||KUDU, Cape||REEDBUCK, Mountain|
|ORYX||BUSHBUCK, Cape||BLESBOK, Common|
### FAMILY SAFARI ###
|6 days / 7 nights|
|From a friendly, comfortable and family orientated lodge|
|1 Hunter base 1×1||Full price|
|1 Observer / Non hunter||-30%|
|Under 18 Children (up to 2 kids)||FREE|
« A LA CARTE » SAFARI
|6 days / 7 nights|
|From a beautiful and exclusive Lodge, VIP services|
Best time to hunt is from March to November.
Weather and best Season:
The Eastern Cape has a subtropical climate with temperatures ranging from 20°C to 33°C (68 to 91° F) in summer (December through February) and in winter (June through August) from around – 6°C to 23°C (21 to 73°F).
Our prices include:
- Transfer from/to East London airport.
- Full board accommodation excluding bar, including table drinks (soda, beer & wine).
- Daily laundry service (we recommend you take 3 sets of hunting clothes only).
- Organized hunting with a professional hunter, 4×4 vehicles, a skinner/tracker & equipment.
- First preparation of trophies and transportation to Karl Human Taxidermist in East London.
- 14% Value Added Tax (VAT) where applicable.
Our prices do not include:
- Extra trophy fees (see our 2013 list).
- Hounds for hunting caracal and / or bushpig: US$ 280 / day.
- Flights, excursions, restaurants, supplementary nights before & after the safari, bar drinks.
- Firearm import permit, US$ 150 if issued before hand with assistance on arrival in JNB. Firearm rental (US$ 45 / day + ammunition).
- Taxidermy, we recommend a deposit in cash / Traveler Cheques of 40% to Karl Human Taxidermist at the end of your safari (as per his 2013 price-list). Karl can mount your trophies or ship to your USA taxidermist.
- Tips for your hunting guide, trackers and camp staff are not obligatory and are to be paid at your discretion.
Conditions of sale:
- Animals in packages cannot be swapped for others.
- Any wounded or lost animals to be paid in full.
- A deposit is to be paid to the taxidermy, for either dip & pack or mounts.
- 50% deposit on your safari to secure your dates (to Grand Safari USA in the US)
- Balance of your safari 60 days prior departure (contact us for any other arrangements).
About GRAND SAFARI
Christophe Beau has been involved in Big Game Hunting in Southern Africa since 1994. He is a full member of PHASA (the Professional Hunter’s Association of South Africa) since 1998, and is a registered professional hunter and hunting contractor in the Eastern Cape & Kwazulu-Natal of South Africa as well as in Tanzania. He is also a registered big game pro hunter in Mozambique.
Christophe is an official measurer for the SCI and for Rowland Ward, and is a member of ACP (Association des Chasseurs Professionnels). Turquoise Horizon c.c. trading as GRAND SAFARI work with other registered hunting contractors in RSA as well as in Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
GRAND SAFARI is a trade mark of Turquoise Horizon c.c. owned by Christophe Beau. Grand Safari work in partnership with other registered outfitters in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania and Cameroon.
SOUTH AFRICA Trophy List
|Blesbuck, white||Oryx, gemsbok|
|Blesbuck, yellow||Oryx, scimitar horned|
|Buffalo, cape||Reedbuck, mountain|
|Bushbuck, cape||Rhinoceros, black|
|Caracal, lynx||Rhebuck, grey (Vaal)|
|Cats, small||Sheep, Barbary|
|Deer, fallow||Springbok, common|
|Duiker, blue||Springbok, copper|
|Duiker, common||Springbok, Kalahari|
|Duiker, red||Springbok, white|
|Impala, southern||Wildebeest, black|
|Kudu, Cape||Zebra, Burchell|
|Kudu, Southern Greater||Zebra, cape mountain|
|Lechwe, red||Zebra, Hartmann|